Instructor: Corinne McKay, CT. Corinne is an ATA-certified French to English translator, a Colorado court-certified French interpreter, and holds a Master of Conference Interpreting from Glendon College. Corinne’s book How to Succeed as a Freelance Translator has sold over 12,000 copies and is a go-to reference for the translation and interpreting professions. Corinne is also the author of Finding and Marketing to Translation Agencies, a practical guide on making contact with and working for translation companies.
Date: Wednesday, June 14, 2023. Live session from 12 noon to 2 PM New York time. Registration closes at 10 AM New York time on the day of the class. Registration includes the recording.
Registration: $75, including the live class and the recording.
Description: This two-hour master class is for freelancers (translators or interpreters) who want to create a doable plan for finding and marketing to translation agencies. We’ll discuss:
- The advantages and disadvantages of working with agencies
- How to find agencies to apply to
- How to screen agencies for creditworthiness before you apply to them
- How to create a targeted resume for agencies, and how to answer common questions on agency applications
- How to follow up with agencies to increase your chance of getting work from them
Past participants say:
-“Thoroughly enjoyed the class! Very practical and doable.”
-“I loved your practical approach, this was unique to your class compared to other courses and webinars I’ve followed on the topic.”
-“Excellent, well-presented and very inspiring, with good backup material and prompt delivery of the recording as promised.”
-Live master class via Zoom
-Recording provided after the live session
There are no reviews yet.