Instructor: Corinne McKay, CT. Corinne is a freelance French to English translator and interpreter in Boulder, Colorado, certified by the American Translators Association for French to English translation and by the Colorado Judicial Branch for French court interpreting. She translates primarily in the areas of international development, corporate communications/content marketing, and non-fiction books, and is a current student in the York University/Glendon College Master’s in conference interpreting program. In addition to her own translation work, Corinne has written books and taught classes for other freelance translators since 2006. She is the author of How to Succeed as a Freelance Translator, a how-to guide with over 12,000 copies in print, and coordinates Training for Translators’ online courses, master classes, and challenge groups.
Next session: March 1-28, 2022
Registration fee: $90
Description: Back for the fourth year in a row, March Marketing Madness has become a Training for Translators tradition! 2021 participants comment:
- As someone who tries to avoid marketing at all costs, I think the MMM challenge was the perfect format for me. The sense of accountability made me go ahead and do the dreaded marketing tasks, often only to find that it really wasn’t that bad. I soon started looking forward to the daily motivational videos and I might even have enjoyed some of the activities… What a change of mindset! The networking factor was also priceless. I definitely took a lot away, not only about marketing but about business in general, and I met a bunch of awesome colleagues on the way whom I wouldn’t have met otherwise.-Eva-Maria Kneis
- Corinne’s March Marketing Madness challenge group has transformed my approach to marketing forever! It was an intense and exciting month, during which I felt empowered to ramp up my marketing efforts in ways I hadn’t considered before. The motivational videos, mantras and Slack group helped me to work on my marketing in short bursts, which I never would have done before. I feel more confident and excited about my marketing plans going forward. -Fiona Gray
I’ve participated in March Marketing Madness for the last three years. It’s taught me how to market quickly, intelligently, and with confidence. -Molly Yurick
- This course is much more than Marketing. Corinne helps you change your whole mindset around marketing, cultivating a calm and confidence which spreads nicely into other aspects of your business. I am so grateful.
- Thanks to Corinne’s program, I have finally and successfully dedicated more time to my marketing activities. But more importantly, her videos, tips and challenges have helped me define a clear strategy to move my business forward. I’m looking forward to doing it again next year. -Véronique Mercier
- I went from being terrified of contacting a single potential client to firing off multiple emails and LinkedIn connections to dream clients on a daily basis. My only regret is that I didn’t join earlier editions of this group. -Emily Safrin
The group is for freelancers who want to:
- devote 30 minutes a day to business development for 20 consecutive business days
- make marketing into a consistent and (hopefully!) less painful habit
- generate new ideas about how to market more effectively
- find new clients: agencies or direct clients
- join a group of other translators pursuing similar goals
Using daily e-mails with a specific task that will take about 30 minutes, you’ll use the month of March to build marketing into your daily routine. We all know that consistency is the key to a thriving business with plenty of work in the pipeline, but many of us struggle to put that into practice. March Marketing Madness will help you build consistency while generating new ideas about how to market more effectively. This group is open to translators in any language combination; it will include some repeat challenges from last year’s group, and some new ones.
-20 daily e-mails (one per weekday between March 1 and March 28) with a specific marketing task for that day, including detailed instructions on how to complete the tasks, and how the task will help your overall business development. About half of the challenges will be repeated from last year, and the other half will be new.
-Group accountability and discussion (optional Slack group) or private accountability (a tracking sheet)