Instructor: Corinne McKay, CT. Corinne is an ATA-certified French to English translator, a Colorado court-certified French interpreter, and holds a Master of Conference Interpreting from Glendon College. Corinne’s book How to Succeed as a Freelance Translator has sold over 12,000 copies and is a go-to reference for the translation and interpreting professions. In addition to her own translation and interpreting work, Corinne has written books and taught courses on translation business practices since 2005.
This master class is based on Corinne’s experience earning a gross income of US $100,000 or more, since 2017.
Date: Wednesday, September 13, 2023. Live session from 12 noon to 2:00 PM New York time. Registration closes at 10 AM New York time on the day of the class. Recording provided after the live session.
Description: A six-figure income is an elusive goal for many freelance translators and interpreters. This two-hour master class is based on the instructor’s experience earning a gross income of US $100,000 or more, since 2017, without working crazy hours. The class is designed for freelance translators or interpreters who want to achieve a six-figure income, or who have a lower goal that represents a significant increase over their current income. We will cover:
- Analyzing your current workflow and revenue streams to identify what factors are holding you back from earning a higher income
- Calculating how much you need to charge in order to reach a six-figure income; implementing green, yellow, and red zone rates
- Identifying limiting beliefs that freelancers often have, and mindset shifts that six-figure freelancers have made
- Acknowledging the role of diversification in a high-income freelance business
- Identifying practical strategies for easing out your lower-paying clients and replacing them with higher-paying ones
-Live master class via Zoom
-Recording provided after the live session
Past participants say:
-“The very positive, motivational mindset promoted was good and I liked that the host consistently encouraged participants to shift their mindsets in a more positive direction. I liked her tone, it wasn’t braggy or preachy, she came across as humbly knowledgeable and approachable.”
-“I enjoyed the fact that Corinne didn’t tiptoe around talking about money, and her transparency about her own experience and business. There’s nothing wrong with making money.”
–“I felt all parts of this class were highly relevant! Although most of the class was far from new land to me, it was so inspiring to have it highlighted and repeated so there is a chance I start acting on it! Thanks a lot, Corinne! :-)”
There are no reviews yet.