In addition to my small-group online classes, I offer one-on-one consulting. I work with translators at all career phases, from those who are still in the idea stage, to those wanting to move into the six-figure market.
With beginning and aspiring freelance translators, I help you:
- Lay the groundwork for a successful and sustainable freelance business
- Create a translation-targeted resume and introductory e-mail
- Avoid wasting time and energy during your first year(s) in business
- Make an action plan for finding your first clients and starting to earn money as a translator
With mid-career freelance translators, I help you:
- Evaluate what is working and what is not working in your business right now
- Make an action plan to move up in the market, aiming toward a similar level of financial security to someone with a traditional job
- Market for better work, rather than more work
With experienced freelance translators, I help you:
- Continue to evolve in your business and avoid stagnation
- Create marketing materials and a marketing strategy for higher-end clients
- Move into the direct client market
- Identify and target new specializations
How one-on-one consulting works:
- I work with consulting clients by phone, Skype, or Zoom (recordings available). The cost is US $90 per hour; for a simple question and answer session, I charge only for the time we spend on the phone. For more in-depth consultations, I also charge for preparation and research time.
- Sessions are generally one hour at a time. We can do a “lightning round,” where you send me a list of your most important questions before the session, or a series of more in-depth sessions where we work on your marketing materials, website copy, pricing strategies, etc.
- If you need ongoing accountability for your business development efforts, I recommend meeting once or twice a month.
- To schedule a session, e-mail me at email@example.com and let me know a bit about your goals, and some slots that work for you.
I look forward to helping you make your freelance goals a reality!
Feedback from past students:
“Corinne carefully reviews my questions and discussion topics prior to the meetings. During the meetings, she takes time to address both broad and specific questions, every one of them, and recommends additional resources for me to follow up on. Corinne has helped me identify my strengths, equipped me with realistic expectations, and given practical advice on how to succeed as a freelance translator.”
“When I completed my NYU certificate in translation I had some confidence in my ability to translate, but no idea how to go about starting my career. After struggling on my own for a while, I finally signed up for Corinne’s course for beginning freelancers. What a life saver! Her sessions cover everything I needed to consider for my business and her individual attention to my specific situation answered all of my questions. I now feel ready to conquer the translation world.”