In this episode of Speaking of Translation, Eve and Corinne discuss the basics of marketing your freelance translation services to direct clients. We offer tips on deciding who to market to, beginner-friendly direct client marketing techniques, and what factors to consider before you start marketing to direct clients. Links mentioned in this episode:
- Eve’s book: Maintaining Your Second Language
- Corinne’s new e-book (print version also available): Finding and Marketing to Translation Agencies
- Ed Gandia’s e-book on warm e-mail marketing
- Tess Whitty’s podcast Marketing Tips for Translators
- C.J. Hayden’s book, workbook, and courses Get Clients Now
And if you enjoy Speaking of Translation, you can subscribe to the podcast in iTunes (or even leave us a review!)
Click the audio player link to listen online
Right-click the link below to download the MP3.
Chrome/Firefox: Choose “Save Link As”
Internet Explorer: Choose “Save target as”
Safari: Choose “Download Linked File”
The basics of direct client marketing
Oleg Gordeev says
Following your tips, I have revisited my “cold” e-mail letter template for direct clients and “warmed” it up 🙂 I also bought Corinne’s new e-book, can’t wait to start reading it.
Corinne McKay says
Great, thank you Oleg. Glad you enjoyed the post!